Room: MBP2 110
|2000 – 2005||Studies of physics at the ETH Zurich, Switzerland|
|2005||Diploma in Theoretical Physics at the ETH Zurich|
|2009||Ph.D. at the ETH Zurich under the supervision of Prof. G. Blatter
“Wave-Packet Approach to Full Counting Statistics”
|2009||Postdoc at the ETH Zurich|
|2009 – 2011||Postdoc at the Leiden University and the TU Delft, Netherlands|
|since 2011||Assistent Professor W1 (tenure track) at the RWTH Aachen University, Germany|
- Quantum simulation in arrays of topological superconductors
- Long-range coupling of spin-qubits via superconducting couplers
- Majorana fermions for topological quantum computation applications
- Superconducting qubits as quantum-information or measurement devices
- Classiﬁcation of topological insulator via transport properties
- Shot noise and full counting statistics of charge transport
Atomic, molecular, and optical physics
- Statistics of photons in a non-linear system close to the classical threshold
- “Light” (microwave) emission from Josephson junctions
- Excitations in strongly-correlated atomic Fermi systems
Information for students
If you are interested in a bachelor, master or PhD project in my group. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly. To get an overview, how a possible thesis could look like, I have compiled a list of finished student projects for your information .
- There is an opening for a three years PhD position in my group. The starting date is flexible. Please apply with a CV, your research interests, a publication list, and a list of references.
- The list of bachelor and master project you find here. Please do not hesitate to propose alternative project which are of interest to you.